Marketing June 22, 2022 No Comment
8 Design Tips For Creating The Perfect Outdoor Space
A well-thought-out outdoor space can be the perfect extension to a home. It gives you additional space for relaxing, enjoying family, and entertaining. You can make your outdoor space your personal oasis from the hectic day or create a fabulous area for your friends and family to come together. By carefully planning and adding some key details, you can turn an ordinary backyard into a space you will love. We’ve put together some tips for creating your perfect backyard!
Here are ten tips to get you started:
1. Function: Incorporate function. Think about areas within your outdoor space that have specific uses, such as dining, sitting, watching tv, relaxing, or cooking. Where you place these areas is important. For example, placing your outdoor kitchen too far away from the house isn’t the most convenient plan.
2. Location: Which direction does your patio face? You’ll want to think about how much the sun you’ll get during certain points in the year. Are there existing trees? How close are you to the neighbors? Since you’ll be spending a lot of time on your new patio, what does your ideal view look like? Take these things into consideration early on.
3. Size and Shape: How much space you’ll need depends on many things- your budget, the size of your backyard, and your intended use. Your shape is also determined by existing features such as trees and landscaping. Do you want to maximize every square inch of your available space or take a minimal approach?
4. Style: You might want to bring your decorating style from the inside of your home to your outdoor living space by repeating colors and furniture styles. Try matching your surroundings like the exterior of your home or try an entirely new theme that stands out.
5. Shade: Similar to location. Think about where the sun will be. Will you have enough shade cover during July when it’s 100 degrees out? Installing a pergola or a covered porch provides sun protection on those extra hot summer days and gives you year-round functionality. A more simple approach is thinking about where you’re patio umbrella will be and how big it should be.
6. Integrated Features: Integrating custom features that enhance your space are the best way to bring it to life and making it yours. Outdoor speakers are an easy feature to install for music lovers. An outdoor television under a covered patio is perfect for movie buffs. An outdoor bar or kitchen turns your patio into the best cookout spot in town. As we said before, makes you think about how you want to use the space beforehand and it makes installing integrated features much easier.
7. Fire or Water Features: Adding a fire pit or a fireplace gives your space coziness and extends your outdoor area’s usability when it gets chilly. A pondless waterfall adds the peaceful sound of falling water for those who want a tranquil space.
8. Material: Go with low-maintenance material to make care easy. Natural stone needs less maintenance and generally lasts longer than wood or composite materials for example.
Leave a Reply